- Book Reviews
- Across a Bridge of Dreams
- Foreign Editions of 'Madame Sadayakko: The Geisha who Seduced the West'
- Geisha: The Remarkable Truth Behind the Fiction
- Madame Sadayakko: The Geisha who Seduced the West
- On the Narrow Road to the Deep North
- The Brothers: The Hidden World of Japan’s Richest Family
- The Courtesan and the Samurai
- The Last Concubine
- The Shogun's Queen
- Recent Posts
- Site Map
- Site Terms, Cookies and Privacy
- Welcome to my website!
- Category: A Gilded Cage
- Category: Blog
- A Geisha for the American Consul
- A Gilded Cage, episode 1 – coming soon …
- Across a Bridge of Dreams: 19th century Japan: Geisha, samurai and change - Birmingham Japan Society, October 2012
- Back to Kyoto and the geisha district
- Concubines, courtesans and geishas
- How do you fall in love when your society has no word for it?
- In Japan post earthquake to research my next book
- In snowy Aizu
- Lesley Downer speaking on Sadayakko at the Royal Opera House
- Nagoya Castle - Tokugawa splendour
- No matter what they say I love Gion...
- Sadayakko, Debussy and the BBC Proms of July 24 2009
- Sailing into Tokyo Bay …
- The Japanese Art of Scent
Page 1 of 3 : Next Page
Plugin by dagondesign.com